My mom thinks I'm gay!!

If you're Asian, there's something that will happen to you when you hit 20's. Your parent will, especially your mom, will start asking you about your plan on 'when to get married'. Not only your mom, other moms in your Asian community will ask you the same thing wherever you meet them: at the mall, at the restaurant, at work, in the hospital while accompanying my brother, wherever.

After an appropriate amount of time, my mom started to observe the way I reacted in handling those questions from the other moms. She came into a vocal conclusion, and I did not like what's coming nor I expected it:

"son, are you gay?"

(dramatic thunder playing on the background)

"My god mom, what made you think that way??! no way no way no way!" I replied

She actually made that conclusion based on her previous observation on gay people that she met. "well, the way I see it, it does make sense. I mean, I know you were a player in high school, but then you spent 5 years overseas. People change overseas you know. who knows what happened to you up there? Besides, you constantly picking out small things about girls like her hair, or her fashion; you are bitchin out about girls being so childish and annoying; you dressed up so neat and you are SOOOOO into your looks lately, I mean, face cream? come on!"

"(think for a while, having an 'owwww' moment) wait! no! how could you say such things! I still enjoy naked girls you know!" I tried to clear things up.

and then she sighed a little and said "alright, just come to me if you're 'confused', okay?"



laugh now, you will have one of these moments later!

0 comments: